Members News | Board Members’ and Director’s liability, how to mitigate the risks, a webinar by Eversheds Saladžius – 26 January
January 11, 2023
Board Members' and Director's liability and how to mitigate the risks - 26th January
A competent, professional and balanced board is a strong foundation of every company. Understanding and recognising roles, responsibilities and liability of board members help better manage companies and reduce the risks faced by both the company and the individual in assuming the duties of a board member.
What challenges board members are facing and how different risks can be mitigated? What is the liability for damages caused to the company? What protection tools should be used to mitigate personal liability of board members and the CEO?
The webinar will be hosted by Eversheds Sutherland offices in Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia and feature the following speakers:
- Agris Bitāns, Managing Partner, Eversheds Sutherland Bitāns, Latvia
- Maivi Ots, Managing Partner & Jüri-Karl Leppik, Senior Associate, Eversheds Sutherland Ots & Co, Estonia
- Arnoldas Jokūbaitis, Senior Associate, Eversheds Saladžius, Lithuania
Topics to be addressed at the webinar:
- obligations defined by the law
- how the courts treat particular damage and case studies across the Baltics
- ways to mitigate personal liability of board members and the director
Presentations will be followed by Q&A session. Register now to secure your place at this free of charge event.
| Eversheds Saladžius
Eversheds Saladžius is one of the leading business law firms in Lithuania. We advise on all aspects of corporate law for clients who include local businesses, multinational players, public sector bodies, and local and national governments. As a member of Eversheds Sutherland, we can offer you the resources of one of the largest full-service law firms in the world with over 2,300 lawyers based in 70+ offices across Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and the U.S.